Moon Drawing - Full Moon - Drawing for Kids Blog - Cool Drawing Ideas

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Moon Drawing - Full Moon

Moon Drawing - Full Moon

Hey there, welcome back to my Drawing for kids blog.

In today's Paint With my article Moon Drawing - Full Moon, I wanted to show you the process of how I paint the sketching skills with watercolors. Let's start by creating a circle. Because I want to damage the paper, I'm using a bowl to trace the outline. You can choose any size you want. The larger the circle, the more space you have to play around with. draw 3d glasses




Then I went ahead and simply covered the circle with a layer of water, to prepare the paper for the wet-on-wet technique. As you can see, now the paper is glossy, and this will allow the paint to spread out more. Now, to paint the moon, I'm going to use only one color, and that's paints gray by Schmincke, with a bluish undertone. But you can use black or other grays, or even completely different colors, of your choice. 
Moon Drawing

It's your painting after all, and you can do whatever you want. I already diluted the paint with lots of water, so I have a very light value, so now I can go ahead and distribute the paint inside the circle, but, without being super neat. This is just the base, and we will add more dimension to it. Now, to add dimension, I'm going to use the more saturated version of the same pigment, meaning I use more pigment than water at this time, so the value is darker, and then I place the paint into the areas where the moon is usually darker. 




Moon drawing

I simply dab the paint onto the paper and let it slide the amount into the layer below. I used a reference picture for that, I simply typed in 'the moon' into Google, and that's it. There were different versions, so you can pick whatever image you like the best. Now the key to one of my techniques is knowing how to control water on your brush, and on your paper. Plus how much or how little pigment to use. Because, depending on the different ratios, the paint will spread out more, or less. But, another thing you want to keep reminding yourself is that the painting goes through a lot of weird stages. In the beginning, the paint is wet, it still moves, and sometimes you might look at your painting and think, 'It's so ugly, and that you better start over, or even worse, just feel like giving up Line Drawing


But, in reality, you just need to be patient with the paint and yourself. As I always say, a lot of people focus so much on the outcome, that they forget to have fun painting. And you probably already know that, but, how often do you still catch yourself being so frustrated and so focused on the outcome, and being unhappy with the result? And this happens a lot, even if you know that you shouldn't be so focused on perfection, 'cause people might look at a reference picture or a tutorial, and then they try so hard to replicate that, instead of focusing on their own painting. 


Techniques

They're trying to learn how to paint with watercolors but, at the same time, they force themself to behave like a printer, and then they get frustrated because it doesn't look the way they hoped it would, especially when you don't have the right supplies, you have art supplies that just make you feel frustrated, you have to constantly fight them. So having this pressure, and being so focused on the outcome, can be very difficult. So instead of trying to be a printer, why not just exploring the medium in a more playful way. And sometimes people are so afraid to mess up the painting, in the first place, that they don't even start. 



Moon Drawing

And that's why, in this article, I wanted to show you my painting process, because this moon went through a lot of stages. You can see how I move the paint around, lift off some of the paint and start over, and I don't put so much pressure on myself to make look perfect. I think the biggest misconception about watercolors is that it's the most difficult medium, it's not forgiving, you can't fix anything, which is totally not true, in my opinion. If you don't like something in your painting, you can simply reactivate the pigments, or, even if the paint is still wet, you can lift it off with tissue paper, draw the other white paper again Drawing for kids



Now the important thing

Now the important thing here is that you do want to use good paper that gives you time and the opportunity to work on your painting until you're happy with it. I have a free guide about watercolor supplies and what to look out for when buying watercolor supplies, with a list of some of my recommendations, so check out the link and just go look down below. So with this painting, I only use one tube of paint, one brush, and a good quality paper that allows me to use multiple different watercolor techniques. Especially when you want to paint when wet, you want a paper that doesn't dry two seconds later, after you applied the paint. So, here, I'm using cold press watercolor paper, it is 100% cotton, it also has a nice texture that holds the water much better and longer than paper with a smoother surface. 


Now, there are times where I still struggle with my perfectionism, especially that currently, I'm working on releasing my very first book on watercolor painting, this year, and sometimes I will sit for hours on one single painting idea, retrying it over and over again, because I want to make it look as great as possible. But the problem with that is, I don't get as much done as I want to, plus I'm exhausted afterward. But I realized, instead of bringing joy and having fun creating all these paintings, 


Drawing for kids

I sometimes fall into the trap of focusing on what others would say about it, how this book will be there forever, what if people will hate it, so I'm actually training my mind to be more positive right now, and to focus on now, and to honor the process, even if it's a struggle at times, and to really focus on what painting is all about. It's about playing with colors, expressing yourself, and adding beauty into the world, with your own hands. It's not about beating yourself up or creating perfect paintings. You don't even know exactly if something's perfect. 


For someone else, your painting looks perfect, but for you, you feel like it's the worst thing you ever created, so, at the same time, you can't please everyone, especially yourself, at times, so you might as well focus on enjoying the painting process that you get to paint, and to enjoy this medium, while constantly reminding yourself why you paint in the first place. For me, painting with watercolors is so therapeutic. To watch the paint melt on the paper, how it interacts with water and how it can create beautiful effects when you just let go of the constant feeling of having to control everything. 

Moon Drawing



People think

I think a lot of people try to control watercolors so much that they get frustrated when it doesn't behave a certain way, so I think if you have this problem, that you always have to control everything in your life, and everyone, I believe watercolors can be a great way to learn how to let go. It will teach you to just relax, to let the paint do its magic while adjusting yourself along the way. Sometimes you will see that the paint spreads out too much, or that you'd rather have darker or lighter areas here or there, but that's okay. 


You can always readjust things, along the way. Oftentimes what happens is, when I try so hard to paint something and to make it look a certain way, most of the time it seems a lot worse than when I simply sit down to play with paint. Usually, my quick paintings where I just try things outlook, sometimes, even better, because I'm just so loose, I don't have any expectations, I just plan out my painting, and then, when I try to be so focused on the outcome, it just doesn't look good. I always have to remind myself to, don't be so hard, don't focus on this perfection, and make it look perfect. cool drawing ideas drawing for kids


Easy drawing

So I would highly encourage you to, the next time, when you sit down to paint something, allow yourself to just play with this medium. Don't have expectations, don't have this image or this pressure, just sit down, and focus on the joy of painting. You could keep it very simple, where you only use one color, and then play with it in one circle, and allow your painting to look the way it looks. And again, if you think about, 'Wow, that looks weird, it looks ugly', remember that every painting goes through very ugly stages, that's normal. And don't force anything, just relax and enjoy the painting process. I spent about one hour playing around with this moon, and it was so much fun Cartoon Drawing

Moon Drawing




One of the things I'm trying to learn right now is to be simply satisfied with what I create. And I think everything is just a matter of your mindset, and how you train your brain to think about certain things, so, watercolor painting is a great training tool, for sure. There's always the thought, 'Well, it could be better, 'it could look better, and it will probably never go away. But the art is to know, 'Yes, it can always be better, 'but I'm satisfied with the result I created, right now.' You can always be better, you can always get better next time, you can always try it again, next time, but, for now, you can be just happy and satisfied with what you created Drawing for kids blog


Conclusion

So I really hope this will help you pick up your watercolor supplies and start painting, especially that, now, more and more people stay at home, so, when I'm focusing on relaxing and de-stressing, as you take care of yourself. Let me know if there are any struggles or mindset blocks you might have, I think painting with watercolors as a set can teach you so much about yourself, and also that you can use in your everyday life, so let's help each other out. I really hope you enjoyed this Painting With Me Article, and find it helpful, thank you so much for watching, have a wonderful day, and I will see you in my next article. Bye.

Do You Like This or Not Tell Me In The Comment Section!

Source: Cool Drawing Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad